Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help as I have started a three color ripple afghan with ch 171 then dc in 4th ch from hook then dc in ea of next 9 sts, then 3 dc in next st, dc in next 9 ch's , sk 2 sts, dc in next 9 sts across for ripple leaving last st w/o a stitch. Ch 3, turn dc in 9 sts and con't in pattern.

Problem is when I start 3 rd row, there are 10 sts and a large gap at end of row. Frogged until I'm nuts--please help as I have not made one of these in years.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Most patterns have you do a one stitch decrease at the end, you can skip the next to last stitch and do your last double crochet in last stitch, or you can do a two stitch decrease at the end.
I like this method for the V's also, using a three stitch decrease instead of skipping to stitches, you don't get a hole like when you skip two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom