Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked very hard on the lacy pattern for a shrug and have finished the seams only to discover there is no way anyone will be able to fit into the shrug. There just isn't enough room created by the neckline ribbing. I ripped it out and tried picking up every stitch instead of picking up 2 stitiches for every 3 rows as the pattern states and knitted "very" loosely but there still isn't enough room to get into the shrug. The "organic shrug" pattern is a free pattern from "purl studio." Has anyone used this pattern or do you have suggestions?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Are you using cotton? That is what the pattern calls for and states that there is no give with cotton, so... In the comments at the bottom of the pattern, a few other people are having the same problem you are having. The only thing the designer suggests is to knit very loosely and bind off very loosely. Maybe you could use the stretchy bind-off. This one is suggested for socks but might work for the sweater, too.

Can you try picking up even more stitches than one every stitch, maybe 4 stitches for every 3? Or would that make the band look too big? I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas to help you. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using a 100% acrylic yarn. I have watched the video and learned a new stitch! The "stretch stitch" has worked wonderfully and has given me the extra expansion needed. Thank you so much for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom