Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make some tube slipper socks and know how to do the e-wrap stitch. I would like to learn how to do the flat (knit stitch) and the purl stitch. I would like to either have some pictures and written instructions for these or if that's not possible, are there any good videos on how to do these stitches? I tried youtube but was somewhat confused on how to do them. There is a lazy way to do one of them. I'm not sure which one it is. That would be helpful if someone knew the site that had this lazy way. Thank you for any help. :)

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
I have only used youtube...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hummm, never thought of tube socks on the loom!
I prefer pictures and writtne instructionsa as to using utube also, It is too confusing for me.
I too would like to learn flat (knit stitch) and the purl stitch, and other stitches, just have not found enough in writing for me to learn from.
I know, I'm old fashioned, and if I starting using youtube, I would be hooked on it.
Judy

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I know this is a dumb question, but I click on the link for knittingparadise in my email, and go to this site, but since I am not logged in, I have to log in, which then takes me to another page, and I can't find the thread I am looking for, then I have to go back to email to open the thread of talk again, any suggestions?
Judy

·
Registered
517 Posts
get a loom knitting book. Loom Knitting Primer by Isela Phelps. or email me privatly and I will try to lead you ..

jdh said:
Hummm, never thought of tube socks on the loom!
I prefer pictures and writtne instructionsa as to using utube also, It is too confusing for me.
I too would like to learn flat (knit stitch) and the purl stitch, and other stitches, just have not found enough in writing for me to learn from.
I know, I'm old fashioned, and if I starting using youtube, I would be hooked on it.
Judy

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
Are you sure your not logged in? I get here from my e-mail too... and I'm logged in. Look all the way up to the top of this page. You will see (under the word Forum) your name. if you are not logged in then click that and enter your user name and password. There might be a box to click to keep you logged in.. that way when you click on your email link you will always be logged in... I'm not real sure how our log in page looks like since its been over a year since I have seen it..

·
Registered
517 Posts
if you mean that you are not sure how to use you tube try this www.youtube.com/loom knitting.If this takes you to a page for you tube, type loom knitting in the box.

lindelsue1954 said:
I'm trying to make some tube slipper socks and know how to do the e-wrap stitch. I would like to learn how to do the flat (knit stitch) and the purl stitch. I would like to either have some pictures and written instructions for these or if that's not possible, are there any good videos on how to do these stitches? I tried youtube but was somewhat confused on how to do them. There is a lazy way to do one of them. I'm not sure which one it is. That would be helpful if someone knew the site that had this lazy way. Thank you for any help. :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I just don't like the video type of instructions.
It is just not convenient for me to use with the volume, and don't say ear phones please, while my husband
is sitting watching tv, and I sit with him doing whatever
my thing is to do, knit, crochet, read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom