Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of good sources for patterns for the Ultimate Sweater machine. I have only been knitting for about a month and am not good enough to be able to convert patterns from hand knitting to the Bond Machine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Marv,
I too was on the prowl for USM techniques and patterns! Here are a couple websites I found and added to my favorites (there must've been something good on them if they're in my favorites) Good luck and happy knitting!
Julie

www.stephthornton.co.uk/knitting/kbond.htm
www.heidisknittingroom.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
When using this machine, it must be on a flat and level table, with no curved edge. The yarn must no have any tension on it. The only time you hold the yarn is when you first start a row. then let go of the yarn. if the stitches bubble, it is an indication that the material needs more weights. You need to put a weight on each end to keep the stitches straight. Once you get past the learning curve you will love it. Check out the following youtube videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/clogden21?feature=mhum
this is an excellent place to start, Cheryl Brunnette is wonderful. Let me know if you need a video on something specific, (clogden21)

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
rebecca said:
I have one of those machines and still cant get it to work right.!
Hi Rebecca! I almost put mine away (in the garbage) after fighting with it for about 3 days when I first got it...then after watching some videos, I realized I had the carriage on wrong! The nose wasn't underneath the needles where it belonged....once fixed it worked like a charm...don't give up on it!
Julie

·
Registered
135 Posts
rebecca said:
I have one of those machines and still cant get it to work right.!
dont give up....start with small projects, take your time to mess around with it before you start a project. Its easy to rip out and use the yarn for something else. At first it took me a long time to become comfortable with my machine. I was determined to not let it win. Ive made many things from the instruction book. They've all turned out great. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, a have a ultimate sweater machine. I am just learning how to use it. I have used the lessons on youtube and they are alot of help. The only thing I can find is one on how to get the elastic string and weights off the the bottom. Where can I find out how to do this?
Thanks sjbhrb

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just bought the UKM. Was off from work on Monday and started playing around with it. My stripper plate was bad on the left side.
I would make a good 2 rows. Right to left and left to right. When I would start the 3rd row right to left, the stiches were loopy. I called Bond and She was very helpful. She had to call me back and then told me it was the stripper plate. So I went to JoAnn and exchanged for a new carriage.

Now I am having problems with loops coming off the hooks at about 28 to 30 rows. I am guessing that I will need some weights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found that Creative Knitting Magazine has machine knit patterns! What a surprise to find that they provide (on some patterns) both the hand knit verison and machine knit verison. Good luck with the Ultimate Sweater Machine! It was a gift from my hubby...I tried to make it work - watching the dvd, you-tube, and even he offered to help. What a disaster. So I now own the LK150 machine and am tickled pink.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my USM in Sept and I love it. I, too, had a hard time getting it to work right. But I figured out that if I spray silicone on bed instead of using the wax, it works great! So far I made 27 sweaters, 12 afghans, 4 scarves and 2 dog sweaters. I find some patterns on needlesofsteel.com also Machine Knitting Monthly has some nice patterns.(cost $110.00/yr or you can order a single copy for $9.95 just to see if it works for you)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom