Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting my best friend a wrap for christmas and am looking for information on the large stick pins???? that they use to hold them closed. I'm not even sure that stick pin is the right term. If not could you please tell what the correct term is so that I can search for them on the internet. Or do you know of any web stores that sell them??
TIA
Tammy D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Knitter's Pride and Plymouth Yarns make some, too.

You can also look around in flea markets or resale places where antique or estate jewelry is sold. You might find a brooch or stick pin that will do nicely.

If the yarn is very fine, and the shawl has pointed ends, like triangular shawls, I have used a large belt buckle-- the kind where there's a bar in the center for the material to be attached and the fabric just slides thru the buckle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom