Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful pattern for a double knit afghan. It calls for worsted weight yarn. However it is coming out way too thick for my taste. I have ordered some Caron Simply Soft Light to subsitute but I am now concerned about the size it will end up! I ordered the same amount of yarn that the pattern called for in the worsted. will I need more yardage to make this? HELP!!
Thanks all, I Love the posts and am here all the time even if I don't have anything to contribute. Thanks all, Kay

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
You might have to be satisfied with a smaller afghan. You will need to use smaller needles. The double knit technique requires a snug tension to hide the other side. Since there is a defined pattern, you cannot just add stitches. This afghan will still be heavy and very warm as it is knit in two layers.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I had not heard of the Caron Simply Soft Light either so I looked it up - it is a light worsted weight, a #3 - regular worsted is #4 here in the US. The Light may work up in a different gauge than the regular worsted weight yarn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom