Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Not sure what Tracy is doing, but it doesn't look like a 2x2x rib to me. Maybe you are twisting your knits or off on your stitch count? It has a broken rib look. You have to make sure you are knitting your knits and purling your purls and lining the stitches up.

Jessica-Jean said:
In order to make ribbing, the knits and purls have to 'line up'. What your second photo looks like is moss stitch, where you knit what looks like a purl and purl what looks like a knit.

Your actions are identical - alternating knits/purls - you just have to make them line up.
I agree. It looks like moss stitch (aka seed stitch). Personally I would rip it out and start over. Make sure you have the same number of stitches on the back as you did for the front. That has messed me up so many times!

You haven't stated if you are owrking with an even or odd number of stitches. This can affect the ribbing presentation. If the number of stitches being worked has you completing the row with P2 then you will start the next row K2. If you end the row with K2 then the next row will start P2, but this information should be stated in the pattern you are working from.

Apologies if I am repeating any response you have already received.

I'm new to the forum, but it appears to me that you have cast on an odd number of stitches rather than an even number of stitches. If it was an odd number of stitches you will end up off kilter for your ribbing. K2 P2 ribbing needs an even number of stitches with the number of stitches allowing you to end with P2.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
frostyfranny said:
I'm sorry but I think this person is just winding everyone up and having a laugh, looking at her previous posts. No way is the red piece of knitting k2 p2
I was one stitch out and when this was sorted te ribbing is k2 p2 as that's all I use for my bands

Jessica-Jean said:
In order to make ribbing, the knits and purls have to 'line up'. What your second photo looks like is moss stitch, where you knit what looks like a purl and purl what looks like a knit.

Your actions are identical - alternating knits/purls - you just have to make them line up.
Picture 2 looks like seed stitch but picture 1 looks like a mistake stitch rib to me. The knits seem to line up in a ridge but I could be wrong.

tracy said:
I've done the back of y girls cardigan and now started on right front but can't get the bands to look the same it's either k2 p2 or p2 k2 can't remember anyone know from this photo please help
I can't help with your query, but I can say your baby is gorgeous!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom