Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love my Bulky Eight. I can use all the Bond machine patterns. It is more limiting than the Bond since you are confined to the number of needles on the machine and can't attach extensions. I love the steel bed and carriage. It is more sturdy than the bond.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My Bulky Eight is made by Toyota. Purchased it new in the '80s and have the manual from Toyota. Works pretty well, but sponge bar is impossible to find replacement. The sponge bar is so narrow (only about 1/8" wide) that couldn't install sponge strip. I used piano tuning felt strip instead, and it does require more frequent cleaning, but is working fine, and holding up quite well.

If anyone knows where to find correct sponge bar replacements, let me know! Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom