Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
That's a good idea! But I would have made a notch in the side of the lid instead of the hole in the middle because once you start knitting with that yarn, you can't take it out of the container and put another one in if you wanted to use it for more than one project.

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
You are saving the planet, keeping your yarn clean and providing yourself with an unbreakable yarn bowl... all for free! Bravo! I will keep this posting to myself... afraid if my hubby caught wind about what you've been up to he would leave me for you! LOL

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
peachy51 said:
That's a good idea! But I would have made a notch in the side of the lid instead of the hole in the middle because once you start knitting with that yarn, you can't take it out of the container and put another one in if you wanted to use it for more than one project.
When using multiple colours, i have 2 r 3 bottles on the go

·
Registered
202 Posts
I use clear plastic jugs that u get for putting bags of milk in and have the wool coming out of the spout. Use multiple jugs when knitting different colours. easy, neatly contained and no tangles of wool!

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I love these ideas. Just a note, many cities are recycling almost everything now. We just received a large rolling bin and they take all paper, cardboard, cans (aluminum and metal like for green beans), plastic, and the list goes on. My recycle can is always full and now my garbage has decreased to about 1/4th of what it was.

Everyone check with your local company to see what they take.

Okay, that out of the way.....I love, love, this idea. Anyway to re-purpose, re-use, or re-cycle is great to me.

If we all did things like this it would really help our world.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom