Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
It's beautiful and would make a treasure for sure. The photo is pretty clear so maybe you can figure it out if you can't translate the original pattern. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have one just like the first one, in white. It was made for me many years ago by my grandmother. She used many patterns and kits from Mary Maxim. Have you looked there?--or perhaps, Herrscheners? Mine was made with yarn and I use it as a throw in my living room. It has warmed many of my family for a very long time and it still looks like new! It's a real treasure.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I don't know where my pattern is but I made the exact same bedspread in your first picture. I made it to fit a queen sized bed and it is HEAVY. good luck. As I remember it was an easy pattern. It did take some time to complete though.

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
cherokeeangel77 said:
Perhaps someone can tell me where to find either of these patterns?
I have the pattern sitting in front of me. It was in a magazine Crochet monthly published about 1979. It was called Flower Buds and has the initial rows written out but from row 5 you have to follow the chart, or diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
cherokeeangel77 said:
Nan, can you give me a little more information, maybe i can find the pattern on ebay or somewhere?

Everyone, again, thank you for all of your help. This forum is awesome!
Unfortunately I do not have the exact date for the magazine but I think that some of the books are for sale on ebay. I tried to copy the pattern with my desktop scanner but it just does not come through. A photocopier may produce a better result. The magazine is now nearly 40 years old. I do not have the cover of the magazine and I cannot see any comments regarding copyright anywhere. I purchased the magazine in Australia.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom