Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This video is the middle of three videos to make this lovely cardigan. All instructions are included--with amazing detail. A very good teacher--and everything you need is in the video!!!

The cardigan has a lovely lace pattern down the front and a lacy detail at the raglan sleeve.

I just watched these videos through to the end and I have to say that I don't agree that it's okay to iron a knit sweater. "J" irons her sweater through two layers of a pillowcase. I would never do that. Holding the steam iron above the knitting (like she shows for the lace part) is the best way for the whole garment. I'm sure!!!

J's Knit - Top Down Sweater, 2nd Time Around. EP. 99-1

(This video gives basics you need to find gauge and size, stitch count, etc.)

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I like the details on this. Thanks for showing it to us.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
This video is the middle of three videos to make this lovely cardigan. All instructions are included--with amazing detail. A very good teacher--and everything you need is in the video!!!

The cardigan has a lovely lace pattern down the front and a lacy detail at the raglan sleeve.

J's Knit - Top Down Sweater, 2nd Time Around. EP. 99-1

(This video gives basics you need to find gauge and size, stitch count, etc.)

Thanks so much for these videos. I will certainly check them out.

·
Registered
20,079 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'll try to watch the videos later. I expect her approach is different from mine. I've been knitting top down cardigans and pullovers without patterns for years. For a raglan all I need to cast on and get started is to figure out how many back neck stitches will be needed. For a sweater with set in sleeves I need the number of stitches for the shoulder seam also. Currently I've got a raglan cardigan otn and have reached the point where I knit the pockets, which are seamless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top Bottom