Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried these needles?

http://indianlakeartisans.com/product/interchangeable-needle-sets/

I see they now come in an IC Set. I am VERY tempted. They are pricey though and before I decide to order some of these, I would like to get some opinions from someone who has used them. Big question is about the cables. They look like the could break easily if they are hollow. I wonder if these would be compatible with other brands of cables? Would greatly appreciate any and all comments. Thank You.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aunty M said:
I'd be very tempted, too. It may be worthwhile contacting them to enquire about the cables, and what their returns and warranty policies are.
These would be my Anniversary gift this year if I decide to order them. I'm not a jewelry type gal, but I do love my knitting stuff! ???? I just e-mailed the company and I hope I get the answers I'm hoping for. I'll update when I get a reply.

·
Registered
16,546 Posts
Harmonysunrise said:
These would be my Anniversary gift this year if I decide to order them. I'm not a jewelry type gal, but I do love my knitting stuff! ???? I just e-mailed the company and I hope I get the answers I'm hoping for. I'll update when I get a reply.
I'm the same - no jewellery, but knitting stuff? Yes, please! I hope they have good returns and warranty policies. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I just got an e-mail and a phone call. Talked to Pam, lovely lady, and I went and ordered the whole 3-15 set. (You only live once!). So Happy Anniversary to me. ???? I do like the fact that these are made in the U.S. too. I like supporting our U.S.A. Companies. They are being handmade as orders come in, not massed produced, so that explains the cost I guess. They should be here in a couple to 3 weeks. Anyway here is the e-mail reply:

They are absolutely wonderful and 100% guaranteed against any type of breakage or compromised performance. The cord is not hollow and it is flexible, not too stiff or too flopsy. Perfect for knitting and magic loop.
We make our circulars and interchangeable needle barrels swivel on the cord. This swivel prevents your knitting from getting all twisted and your interchangeable tip from unscrewing itself while you are knitting.
We use three North American hardwoods from sustainable Great Lakes forests to create the needles; walnut, cherry and maple. The maple is the strongest of the three woods and the slipperiest. Just this week we added Size 3, 4 and 5 to our interchangeable line up.
The new small range set is not up on the marketplace yet. You may get a set with 9 sizes for $325 which includes sizes 3 - 10.5 OR sizes 6 - 15.
And we will have a set of all 12 sizes, 3 - 15, for $415.

Looking forward to getting my new needles. ????

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flightpath said:
Happy Anniversary. Would love to hear what you think once you have them and have used them a bit. Not that I will ever be in the market. Just interested in other tools that are out there. Have fund with them!
Thank You. I'll post a review once I've tried them out.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Good for you! They look like really nice needles and I prefer wood over metal also. I had not heard of this company so thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your needles!

·
Registered
16,546 Posts
Harmonysunrise said:
Okay, I just got an e-mail and a phone call. Talked to Pam, lovely lady, and I went and ordered the whole 3-15 set. (You only live once!). So Happy Anniversary to me. ???? I do like the fact that these are made in the U.S. too. I like supporting our U.S.A. Companies. They are being handmade as orders come in, not massed produced, so that explains the cost I guess. They should be here in a couple to 3 weeks. Anyway here is the e-mail reply:

They are absolutely wonderful and 100% guaranteed against any type of breakage or compromised performance. The cord is not hollow and it is flexible, not too stiff or too flopsy. Perfect for knitting and magic loop.
We make our circulars and interchangeable needle barrels swivel on the cord. This swivel prevents your knitting from getting all twisted and your interchangeable tip from unscrewing itself while you are knitting.
We use three North American hardwoods from sustainable Great Lakes forests to create the needles; walnut, cherry and maple. The maple is the strongest of the three woods and the slipperiest. Just this week we added Size 3, 4 and 5 to our interchangeable line up.
The new small range set is not up on the marketplace yet. You may get a set with 9 sizes for $325 which includes sizes 3 - 10.5 OR sizes 6 - 15.
And we will have a set of all 12 sizes, 3 - 15, for $415.

Looking forward to getting my new needles. ????
Happy Anniversary! They sound gorgeous. :sm24:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I'm heading up to Indian River right after work this afternoon to visit friends for the weekend. It's a beautiful town, very small and friendly. I plan on looking around for a shop, but I looked them up once before and I don't believe they have a retail store. I hope maybe they do now, I'll let you all know if I find them! Beautiful stuff.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'll be watching for your post to let us know how you like them. I have a set of the nickle-plated Knit Picks interchangeables, and I really like them. However, I'm considering purchasing some wood circular needles, as I think that might help me keep a my stitches a bit snugger when I use the finger-weight yarns.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom