Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jerre and I am new to this site, but not new to knitting. I learned to knit at 13, 49 years ago, but I stick to the easy stuff! I have been married for 40 years, have 2 sons and 2 wonderful granddaughters, and am a retired elementary teacher. I am excited about new knitting "friends" and hopefully can pick up some new tips, patterns, etc. Oh yeah, I live outside Weatherford, Texas--about 30 miles west of Ft. Worth and have been snowed in for 4 days now. We have horses and cattle and I spend a lot of wait time knitting, you know, sitting in the pick-up while the water trough fills or while my husband is looking at new tractors, etc. I have learned to keep projects handy. I also enjoy sewing. Give me yarn or fabric anyday, but don't ever, ever give me paint or glue! Thanks for having me. I am looking forward to learning a lot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think the Nashville area would be a great place to live. Mesquite is nice, too. I actually grew up in Dallas, so I know that area somewhat, but it has sure changed since we left in 1965.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 75 and knit and crochet as fast as my hands will work.
I am from Victoria, Tex, but was born in Hobbs N.Mex. I have lived in Texas for many years and traveled to many places as my husband was in the oil field. I love making something out of throw away items. Lately I have been making things out of pull tabs. Look forward to this site and meeting some of you .
Be Happy....Helen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, Helen. I am glad to meet someone else from Texas. Are you getting part of this winter storm? I'm not sure how far west it went. We used to show cattle with people from Victoria. I'm not sure who, but I remember hearing, "From Victoria," called out a lot. Our neighbors are from Yoakum. That's not far, is it? You must be very clever. I didn't know you could make things out of pull tabs. Most of the time I handle them, I cut my finger. It was nice to meet you. I just joined today myself. Later . . . Jerre

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to you also. We did not get snow, but lots of ice. In this country we hardly ever get over a day or two of 30 degree weather. The sun came out today and it will be warm again soon.Yoakum is not far.I have made some real pretty Christmas decorations out of the tabs and also necklaces or decoration for my T-Shirts. I don't know if we can post pictures on this site. Maybe someone will tell us how. Then I can post a picture. I am in hopes of some day getting a site of my own going so i can share and sell my patterns. I have a site my son set up for me, but no patterns yet. I still work 5 days a week even at my age.(75) this year.
Most people my age that I know don't even own a computer.
I hope to hear from you again. My maiden name was Helen Lewis from Tatum N.Mex. Maybe someone whom I knew there will see this post also. Thanks for answering my post. God Bless you and your family....Helen

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome jerre48. I grew up in Dallas, as well but you are right; it has changed tremendously. You must have been brave to go to WalMart if you went to the one on South Main. Traffic alone is frightening without the snow/ice. I had cabin fever, too. Had to get out for those Haren Slipper sequins. :)
~ Grace

·
Registered
169 Posts
welcome i too live in tx about 90 miles south of dallas the only reason i like winter is i have time to knit and crochet. too much outside work am planting spring veg. had 2 in snow couple of days ago man cant wait for spring this winter i have made hats vests ponchos am making preemie hats and chemo hat to take to local hospital i have a very understanding husband got 7 grandkids and 6 greatgrandkids lots of knitters in tx hope to hear from you again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom