Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Raybo, was just getting ready to post an introduction when yours caught my eye! I just moved to Florida from California. Have only been here for 2 months. Feeling a bit lost. Found my knitting needles and decided to start knitting again and I'm really enjoying it, although I have LOTS to learn. Where in Florida are you?
Marsha

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum : )

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Raybo I live in Fl too. Near Tampa. I know it's hard to get in the mood to knit for yourself down here. But lots of nursing homes need lap robes and of course there's all those people up north. We do need mittens down here in Dec. Jan sometimes. You'd be surprised. What part of the state are you living. Also tons of dogs down here to make sweaters for in cold months. Dish cloths are good place mats. Wash cloths. i could go on and on. Just stay tuned to this site and you'll find lots of suggestions. It's good people and good ideas. Good luck

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome, Raybo! Before you know it, you'll have 5 different projects going at once! Someone can always use something, and somewhere they need what you make! :)
Sue

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good morning: I live in Florida also--near Orlando. I make baby sweaters, blankets, caps etc for all my friends who become grandmothers. Also, do dishcloths, and some afghans in strips or squares--gets chilly in the winter here. My favorite new projects are knitted toys (mostly animals) and dolls. As someone else said there are lots of charitable organizations that are thrilled to get anything you make. We have a Prayer Shawl Ministry at my church. We also make prayer squares for military people--just sent 115 to Afghanistan (made 70 of them!) and chemo caps are always welcome in hospitals or other facilities. Most of these projects are small and quick to do and you can play around with patterns for the blankets, shawls etc. No problem for damp hands as you can sit under a fan, if that is a challenge for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom