Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm glad to be a part of this group and look forward to meeting you all. I knitted years ago, then 3+ years ago I quit smoking and picked up needles again and since then yarn has just APPEARED in my home. . . . funny how that happens :lol: :)
I'm very active at church. . . sing, play piano, direct handbells, Elder chairman, Stephen minister. . . God has blessed me greatly and I'm a real fan of "paying it forward". Knitting wise, I just finished a sweater for my 3 yr. old grandson. . . really fun. . you get instant gratification in a smaller garment. I'm working on a pair of socks that I'm making myself finish before I move on to finish a sweater. . . also long over due in the finish pile.
Would love to talk to any of you. . . . jj

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I, too, am from central Indiana where it's ICE, ICE, ICE today.
What's your sock problem? The last couple of pairs of socks I've made, I used Cat Bordhi's method and made a "sock footprint". It's strange at first, but those socks fit like a glove and the technique is different from most books. . . lots of fun. . . jj

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI!!! I'm also a Grandma Judy. I just registered today. I am JudyB11 & made my first post. I entered where I am from, but it came up "in hiding". Do you know why? Anyway, I hope we can help each other with our knitting projects. I am knitting for 4 new babies & finishing promised knitting projects that were to be for Christmas!!! A baby sweater is what my post was about. It sounded like the ideal construction, but I am very frustrated because the instructions aren't clear, at least to me (Alias: Dingbat).
I quit smoking 28 years ago & it was the best present I ever gave myself. I am glad to hear you are keeping your hands busy. The hardest part of not smoking is the hand to mouth action. Unfortunately, my hand to mouth action is EATING!!! :roll:
Let me know if you, or anyone else, know of any way to explain this pattern to me!!!
Thanks, Judy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom