Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been crocheting a long time. Never liked knitting much because I couldn't seem to get the tension right then low and behold one day when I tried again I was able to transfer all my crochet experience about tension to the knitting and it came out fine. So have been knitting for several years now. So am fairly seasoned but am looking for inspiration more than anything.

I am also a spinner and feltmaker and raise my own animals for fiber. I love the whole process of raising the animals to the finished product. Started with angora bunnies but now also have a menagerie of "Fluffy Creatures" who give me their
"wool " so have some angora goats (colored and white) llamas, alpaca, & Babydoll sheep besides the angora rabbits. also a few fluffy chickens, cats & dogs (maltese) to complete the menagerie!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi and welcome from Peterborough, England. You sound like a very busy person, looking after all those animals, then spinning, knitting etc. I look forward to seeing examples of your work and also pictures of your animals etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Margaret. Well this is supposedto be a retirement project. Busy but not too busy so I have to churn things out and not enjoy it. I have only had the larger fiber animals for 4 years and a big genetic challenge to get color in the goats. So
have been focusing on the animals and not the products for awhile. But after all these years I am finally getting a big electric carder And of course have to do major room renovations to accomodate it. Have decided to move my studio back in the house to keep heating costs down in our cold winter. Carder arrives next week and will move felter over from studio. I am really looking forward to getting busy again. But you can see animals and some of the things I make on my website. www.creaturecomfortscottage.com
Next big plan isto get some wool washed and make some knitted mitts & socks and felted mitts and insoles. A friend wants me to make a felted vest so that is first on the list.
Dianne

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
Welcome from out here on the coast. You have a very interesting life. It is so great to hear from people who are doing these types of things. It does sound like an awful lot of work, but I bet it is rewarding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom