Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been observing for a few weeks and just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone. The work that I have seen is beautiful. Am a novice knitter, dishcloths, scarfs, and plain hats. Although in NE Fl, not much call for muffler type scarfs or warm hats!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from Rae in NC : )

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Sandiz said:
Been observing for a few weeks and just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone. The work that I have seen is beautiful. Am a novice knitter, dishcloths, scarfs, and plain hats. Although in NE Fl, not much call for muffler type scarfs or warm hats!!
Hi, where are you? I'm in Gainesville and I've been cold for two days! We have a great LYS here.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Howdy Neighbor,

That.s only a hop away, not even a skip and jump. I wasn't kidding about our LYS either, Ir is a spectacular and friendly place. I've been knitting for over 50 years and if youi'd like any help, instructions,etc. just let me know.
I knit every day of my life and love ro help people knit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in Middleburg Florida, about 30 miles south of Jacksonville. We are more of a rural area. The local library does not offer anything like knitting or crocheting. The closest stores are ACMoore, Joanns and Michaels..all about 13-16 miles one way. :lol:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If any of you NE FL knitters want to do a stash run to visit our LYS, I'll be glad to help you out. If several of you come on the same day, I'll see if I can make an appt with the owner to give a presentation or something. Any suggestions? There are good shops on the internet but you need to be familiar with yarns and yardage requirements, etc. If you have your pattern and know what you need, Webs at yarn.com, has great sales, discounts up to 25%, their line of excellent yarns in addition to most other good yarns, patterns,accessories, a newsletter and a free catalog. Lion Brand has a complete store and a weekly newsletter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds llike a great idea. I would be interested in mid April. Working (garden) at the Clay County Fair which opens this 3/31.
Hope other people are interested!! Day trip....lunch....lots of laughs...meeting new friends.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Mid April should be good for me too. I have a friend coming in April to visit and get more knitting lessons. She has been a great sock knitter for years, and now she has learned to knit on large needles and felt. We may get into dying and needle felting, Anyway, I would love to do this. None of my family or friends here knits, and it would be so nice to meet other "obsessive" knitters. I also like to support my LYS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom