Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't we live in an amazing world - where modern technology allows us to find, meet and chat and share our enthusiasme for playing with yarn - in all those many different ways- that go back to our mothers, grandmothers and the past ;-)
After working full time for many years combined with bringing up a family I am so enjoying having time to 'play' again- and was delighted to find this web site.
So a cheery 'hi' from NZ to all of you fellow enthiasists

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And hi to you my fellow antipodean in Melbourne :) :thumbup:
I live in Wellington on the southern coast - so lots of sea- waves smashing on rocky shoreline- wonderful!
But would be nice to have a bit more of that aussie sunshine, ( and warmer water more enticing for jumping into ) and not too sure about the 'windy' part of windy Wellington ... but does mean clean air !
And sunny today - so my garden calls- I still have aspirations now that I have more time to maybe have some flowers etc and not just be happy with flaxes and toi toi ( which do please the birds -food and nest material) but would be nice to have some flowers too :) Cheers hey

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Welcome from the Mainland! We've had a short sleeves day today.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My son is off to Australia and New Zealand tomorrow fof his 'trip of a lifetime'. Going to Cairns, hopefully to see the total eclips of the sun on the 14th Nov, early morning so I hope he doesn't oversleep and that it's not cloudy. Couple more day in Australia then flying on to New Zealand where he's going to visit an observatory near Mount Cook. He's so looking forward to seeing the night sky in the Southern Hemisphere. You can tell he's an astronomy fan.

·
Registered
14,276 Posts
G'DAY Omabythesea and welcome from across the ditch in Sydney NSW Australia, Be careful this site is addictive and will take hours of your time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi New Zealand. I have visited my daughter and family there from England four times. They lived in Whitby just outside Wellington. My daughtere has now dragged my s.i.l back to live in England so now our trips to Beautiful, Gorgeous N.Z are over. Welcome from another newcomer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom