Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy all the postings and all the good hints and all the problems solved. We never run out of things to do, do we? Have been "retired"for almost 35 years and have never had a boring day yet. Do housewives ever really retire???

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Absolutely not! I just got back from Moscow, Texas that is last week or so. I have been a world traveler and never left Texas. I have been to Paris also. Texas that is. LOL

I knit for charity and am always knitting. I am widowed and disabled but I still never stop. Afraid if I quit "working" I will just fade away.

I have to keep busy.

Welcome to KP and hope you really get to enjoy it without getting addicted to it. (But, I don't think you can)

The people are so wonderful here and friendly and from all over the world.

Have fun!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I knew a gal from Norway, Mich. at MSU in Landon Hall 1969-72. Can't remember her name but sure do remember what she looked like, with long dark hair. gets cold up there, doesn't it? Sure is pretty though in summer.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
DonnieK said:
Absolutely not! I just got back from Moscow, Texas that is last week or so. I have been a world traveler and never left Texas. I have been to Paris also. Texas that is. LOL

I knit for charity and am always knitting. I am widowed and disabled but I still never stop. Afraid if I quit "working" I will just fade away.

I have to keep busy.

Welcome to KP and hope you really get to enjoy it without getting addicted to it. (But, I don't think you can)

The people are so wonderful here and friendly and from all over the world.

Have fun!!!
There's a Paris Michigan about 20 miles from me. Maybe I'll see you in Paris sometime.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sure does get cold up here in the winter but it is cosy by the woodstove and a good time to catch up on the knitting and quilting. I'm behind one baby quilt for a new great grandbaby and a sweater set for another and I have to get back to knitting helmet liners for the troops.Winter is a good time for all that. Summers are too short but winter doesn't drag either.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Hi Lal ~ Welcome ! ARe you in the UP ? Knitting by the woodstove is fabulous and I do it in the winter.

Welcome to KP and all the really nice people here :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Helmet liners for the troops? Canadian troops in Afghanistan? Or who? My son has a purple heart from Iraq; he is engaged to a gal who spent 4 yrs as a medic in the US Army. I have entered a quilt in a Modern Quilt contest, about Iraq deployment (and all the PTSD that goes with it). Where do you get pattern for the helmet liners? I have loads of wool, on our 250 plus sheep here in Michigan.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Hipoldfarmgirl said:
Helmet liners for the troops? Canadian troops in Afghanistan? Or who? My son has a purple heart from Iraq; he is engaged to a gal who spent 4 yrs as a medic in the US Army. I have entered a quilt in a Modern Quilt contest, about Iraq deployment (and all the PTSD that goes with it). Where do you get pattern for the helmet liners? I have loads of wool, on our 250 plus sheep here in Michigan.
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-38725-1.html

here is some info for you :)

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Hi and welcome from Australia, I have family in Norway!! beautiful country, just came back from a visit there in May/June. We celebrated the 17th May, had a great day :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom