Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a brand new knitter of about 6 weeks and already dealing with a serious addiction! Who knew that two sticks and some yarn could provide so many hours of pleasure and beautiful handmade items? I am anxious to learn more, but so far have created several scarfs. I am taking a class next week and hope to advance my skills and meet new people with similar interests.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
dejavu8136 said:
I'm a brand new knitter of about 6 weeks and already dealing with a serious addiction! Who knew that two sticks and some yarn could provide so many hours of pleasure and beautiful handmade items? I am anxious to learn more, but so far have created several scarfs. I am taking a class next week and hope to advance my skills and meet new people with similar interests.
you'll be meeting alot of new people ! all have similar interests!
Welcome

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I see you are from Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in a small town called Donora, about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh. I visited last year for the first time in many years and was sad to see how many vacant homes and storefronts there were. Sign of the economic times, I guess.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
dejavu8136 said:
Thanks for the welcome. I see you are from Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in a small town called Donora, about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh. I visited last year for the first time in many years and was sad to see how many vacant homes and storefronts there were. Sign of the economic times, I guess.
it is sad to see how things can be lost ! i have 2 children that graduated from the university of pittsburgh....i spent some time out there, i really like pittsburgh..haven't been there in quite some time now !

· Registered
687 Posts
I was born in Pgh. and spent part of my growing up years there. We lived in a wonderful place called Chatham
Village. My parent had to take me kicking and screaming to move to MA. when I was 14. I was just reading about Chatham Village on the internet and happly it is still in good shape.

· Registered
322 Posts
Welcome fellow SoCal knitter ! I, too,became hooked just last summer and my addiction is still going strong. I started by learning to knit the English way and am now learning the Continental way. Once I get it mastered, knitting will sooo much faster ! This site is an incredible tool for help & great ideas...
A good you tube video i found though a fellow knitter on Continental knitting (if you are interested) is
HaPpY Knitting :D

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I learned from the Internet and I didn't know about "English" vs. "Continental". I wish I had learned Continental to begin with. I'm sure it is difficult to make the change, but worth it in terms of speed! Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom