Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g'day all! just found this page whilst browsing and thought it might be good to register. I am interested in many craft disciplines and am presently studying applied fashion design. All that knitting and crochet work taught to me by my beloved grandmother can now be put to good use! always on the lookout for unusual knitting patterns for those fancy yarns which don't seem to conform to the usual 4/8/12 ply ones.

I have also a number of patterns which date back to the 1970's, and it is amazing how current some of them appear to be.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome from still sunny Surrey in the UK. It's not quite so warm as it was a few days ago, but all the spring flowers look lovely. Enjoy the forum and happy knitting.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Welcome Bella..where is oz? If you're in la la land, you joined the right group! Say hi to the Wizard....sounds like you are the Wizard, so bring it on!! Hildy :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
WELCOME FROM SUNNY GEORGIA--TODAY ATLEAST. I'M A TRANSPLANT FROM MAINE WHERE THEY HAVE HAD TERRIBLE WEATHER AND IT CONTINUES. MARK TWAIN SAID IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR NEW ENGLAND WEATHER WAIT A MINUTE. BUT I THINK HE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THAT TO ANYWHERE IN THE US.

·
Registered
58 Posts
bella said:
g'day all! just found this page whilst browsing and thought it might be good to register. I am interested in many craft disciplines and am presently studying applied fashion design. All that knitting and crochet work taught to me by my beloved grandmother can now be put to good use! always on the lookout for unusual knitting patterns for those fancy yarns which don't seem to conform to the usual 4/8/12 ply ones.

I have also a number of patterns which date back to the 1970's, and it is amazing how current some of them appear to be.
Welcome! Where did you find those patterns?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AussieVik said:
Hi Bella
Welcome from Vikki in WA, what state are you in?
Great site to find lots of interesting sites and ideas.
Cheers Vikki
i'm in NSW, southern highlands about an hour and half from sydney, where we have four definite seasons and autumn has to be my favourite! Don't tell anyone but I find myself just picking up the autumn leaves for their amazing colours .... !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grandmadeb said:
bella said:

Welcome! Where did you find those patterns?
sad to admit that I tore them out of magazines all those years ago ...... and sellotaped them into foolscap books (not even A4 ones)! Only the sellotape has aged, well, that is what I tell myself .......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom