Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my knitting needles out of storage because I thought it would give my 80 year old mom something to keep her occupied now that she can't get out as much. But I have caught the bug myself .....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from across the pond : )

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome to the site ! Glad to hear, that you and your mom will be knitting once again. Did your mother teach you how originally ? My left-handed grandmother taught me (I am right-handed), so it took me quite awhile to catch on ...
hope you and your mom will be making some lovely memories together, as well as knitted projects !

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh I know how that goes. My Mom will be 97 April 1st. & she knits slipper socks. She has been able to sell them & Christmas the whole family gets a pr. I just about live in mine. I put a bottom on them & they wear forever. She does her slippers, & I do my afghan,baby blankets, pot holders& dish clothes to match & scarves. So we keep our hands busy. Welcome to this site, what a great bunch of gals here. It's so easy to jump right in or comment.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You are so lucky to have your mother my mother taught me to knit when I was around 4, a blind lady taught her in Scotland and during war time she would knit socks for the soldiers. We moved to England after the war and I remember her sitting in the "pictures" knitting away on her four needles. - So Long ago - Knittingnannie

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
My mother coudln't teach me to knit, but years later when she couldn't knit any longer, I taught myself to knit and it has been 50 years and still at it. Love every minute. I do a lot of crochet too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom