Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome from the UK. I love cable knitting and am at present making an aran sweater. I tend to find the stitches I like and then incorporate them into the sweater. I also use celtic knot designs taken from photos of jewellry, tomb stones, in fact anywhere I can find them. Enjoy the forum and happy knitting.

· Registered
43,279 Posts
Aran said:
I LOVE Aran knitting, too. It honestly is my favorite form of knitting. I am planning a new Aran sweater right now. I want to start on it, but I have a few rows of a prayer shawl (also make in Aran knitting) to finish up first. Yes, my name really is Aran. By spelling it this way, I am the only one.
What a lovely name and how approriate.

· Registered
43,279 Posts
Aran said:
PurpleV said:
Aran said:
I LOVE Aran knitting, too. It honestly is my favorite form of knitting. I am planning a new Aran sweater right now. I want to start on it, but I have a few rows of a prayer shawl (also make in Aran knitting) to finish up first. Yes, my name really is Aran. By spelling it this way, I am the only one.
What a lovely name and how approriate.
Thank you. I love my name. I liked what you said about reading patterns. It took me a while to get used to reading the charts, but once I did, I started liking it better. Now I prefer the charts. I'm in the process of designing a sweater for myself & am going through all my books. I hadn't realized how much harder it is to read the patterns written out. I have the book, Continuous Cables, too, though I haven't made anything out of it yet.
I much prefer designing my own arans instead of using a pattern. What I tend to do is when I find a design that I like I knit a sample square and make a few notes about it so I gradually build up a reference library. I find this saves a lot of undoing when you start something and find you needed an extra stitch in it! Mind you I've done a lot of undoing in my time! Happy cabling. :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom