Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,my name is Bonnie and I am new to the forum. I have been a knitter,crocheter for a long time. I am a shut in and love to do my crafts. I get lazy once in a while and lay my work down for a while,but I always go back to them.
What I am looking for is some patterns for slippers to either knit or crochet. I have one that I call the Tube Slipper that I have knitter a lot and if anyone would like to have the pattern I will give it to them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome Bonnie....I'm sure lot's of us would love to see your tube slipper pattern. You can add it under "links" which you will find at the bottom of your screen. Rae in NC

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will get my slipper pattern wrote up and get it to you all as soon as I can.(This old gout in my hands slows me up a bit.) Its a pattern that was given to me over the telephone I know it has been over 35 years ago.
Everyone have a nice day.

Bonnie

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Bonnie--You sign your message: Snaggletooth1932. I was born in 1932 also. We didn't know times were hard, did we?

When I was 10, in 1942, we knit for the soldiers right in class at school. Kept our hands busy and gave a satisfaction of doing something really useful.

Carolyn

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone, Here is the pattern for the tube slippers that I said I would share with you all.I hope you enjoy making them, I do. They are so confey.The men will like them too. One size fits all.

Tube Slippers

Size 10 knitting needle,worsted yarn.

Cast on 40 stitches.
Row 1- K
Row 2- K
Row 3- K4,k2together,yo,k4,k2 together,yo,k4,repeat to last 4stitches, k4. (buttonhole)
Rows 4 to 30, K all rows.
Row 31- repeat row 3. (buttonhole)
Rows 32 & 33 K.
Bind off.

Make a lace with 2 strands of thread about 30 inches long using a J crochet hook.

Have a godd and safe week, Bonnie

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
snaggletooth1932 said:
Hi everyone, Here is the pattern for the tube slippers that I said I would share with you all.I hope you enjoy making them, I do. They are so confey.The men will like them too. One size fits all.

Tube Slippers

Size 10 knitting needle,worsted yarn.

Cast on 40 stitches.
Row 1- K
Row 2- K
Row 3- K4,k2together,yo,k4,k2 together,yo,k4,repeat to last 4stitches, k4. (buttonhole)
Rows 4 to 30, K all rows.
Row 31- repeat row 3. (buttonhole)
Rows 32 & 33 K.
Bind off.

Make a lace with 2 strands of thread about 30 inches long using a J crochet hook.

Have a godd and safe week, Bonnie
Thanks Bonnie

:thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Carolyn, Those were the days weren't they? I didn't lurn to crochet until I was 8 years old. My dear Mom tought me when I was laid up sick one winter. I desided to teach myself to knit almost 40 years ago. I would rather knit than crochet. Don't get me wrong,I love to do both but prefere to knit.

Bonnie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi fellow West Virginian. I too live in WV. Born and raised here. I lived in Baltimore, MD for nearly 16 years and really missed home. I returned in 1978 and have not left again. I love my home state. People here are just plain down to earth. So welcome to this site snaggletooth1932. I live in Madison and was born in Logan County 1947. Will be moving back to Logan in near future.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom