Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing and found this site today. I am glad I did. I am am a 65 yr young knitter & crocheter self taught for over 25 yrs now. Like knitting the best but get in moods where want to crochet something. I have knit for many charities over the yrs . Has any one ever made tube socks in worsted without heels.? Any one have a pattern or advice on making some. What about sock yarn? How many sts for both. & needle sizes. I don.t think I want to attempt socks with heels. I think this year I want to make quick easy gifts etc. If I can help any one let me know. I hope to make many friends. Happy knitting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, Nina:
I live in Raymond. I'm originally from Vt. and have lived in Ma. It was 14 below this AM. BBBBBBRRRrrrrr!! I haven't picked up my knitting in afew weeks now.I think of yarn constantly and want to knit...so busy. Where abouts is Epsom?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheri said:
Hi, Nina:
I live in Raymond. I'm originally from Vt. and have lived in Ma. It was 14 below this AM. BBBBBBRRRrrrrr!! I haven't picked up my knitting in afew weeks now.I think of yarn constantly and want to knit...so busy. Where abouts is Epsom?
Hi Cheri Epsom is between Raymond & Concord. About one half hour from Raymond

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nina said:
BL44 said:
Hi NIna and others from NH. I live in NH too!! Between Nashua and Manchester. Good to see some fellow NH's here.
Hi BL44 You must live around Merrimack .Yes we never see many NH people joining newsletters etc. Cold today & more snow
Yes. Hubby worked in Merrimack before he retired. Sure is cold. Not happy about more snow though.
Betty

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BL44 said:
Nina said:
BL44 said:
Hi NIna and others from NH. I live in NH too!! Between Nashua and Manchester. Good to see some fellow NH's here.
Hi BL44 You must live around Merrimack .Yes we never see many NH people joining newsletters etc. Cold today & more snow
Yes. Hubby worked in Merrimack before he retired. Sure is cold. Not happy about more snow though.
Betty
more snow today do you knit crochet much Nina

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi : We, too, are supposed to get ,yet again, MORE SNOW! Tuesday was a terrible drive to work....greasy, with many cars off the road. ANYWAY...safe travels to you. I would love to get to warmer climates.... I'm learning to knit and have crocheted since college. I LOVE the feel of yummy alpaca! There is a wonderful yarn shop on Main St. in Nashua...delicious! Right now, I'm finishing up afew scarves . How about you??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheri said:
Hi : We, too, are supposed to get ,yet again, MORE SNOW! Tuesday was a terrible drive to work....greasy, with many cars off the road. ANYWAY...safe travels to you. I would love to get to warmer climates.... I'm learning to knit and have crocheted since college. I LOVE the feel of yummy alpaca! There is a wonderful yarn shop on Main St. in Nashua...delicious! Right now, I'm finishing up afew scarves . How about you??
I been knitting a couple Beanie hats in the round circular not double points. One for my Dr 2 yr old daughter & a neighbor who shovels.Finished the 2nd now looking to see if I want to make anothe one. Been using Caron Simply Soft. I am not too crazy about circulars but dont like the seam when sewed. I am not good at sewing. I have trouble with the tops. I also crochet blankets. I am self taught about 25 yrs now. I never tried alpaca but I hear it is so soft & warm. Bet ur scarves are beautiful. What kind of pattern you using?

·
Registered
18 Posts
One is simply all knit...a mohair/alpaca/cotton blend ...lovely yarn. A mix of black/deep purple//blue...have to see it and feel it to really appreciate how wonderful it is...Another is a cowl in a basket weave stitch ...a creamy beige/light brown. Have to finish a baby afghan and start another. Do you have children or grandchildren?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom