Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 68 year old lady. I have been knitting for years. But don't knitt anything with a pattern. I had a 6 way bye pass 3 years ago so glad I can knitt great pass time. Right now I am looking for a pattern for socks to knitt for my grand daughters 5-6-& 8.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Hi Terry, Welcome to the forum from the UK. You'll find it great here. Sorry don't have any sock patterns. Happy knitting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear Terry: I am 64, not that much younger than you. :)). I have spinal ataxia. Meaning I can't stand or walk unaided except for short periods of time w/o support of some kind. Usually by a walker or my husband. So I knit and crochet hours and hours throughout the day. My salvation. All of my socks in my drawer and some of my husbands are made from Nancy Bush patterns. My favorite for kids is in knitting Vintage Socks. But basically you'd do the measurements of the child by foot length and ankle circumference and measure your gauge sitiches per inch around, starting with the cuff width and length that you will need.. I'd use fingering weight yarn. For instance, I use 60 sts for myself and usually 72 sts for my husband. That is basic, basic info. But I'm hoping you get the idea. Another good book is Sensational Knitted Socks. My first instructor that taught me sock knitting swore by that book. happy Knitting,
Mary Ann

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Mary Ann,
Thank you for the information on children socks. Mary Ann do you also read? My husband brought me a kindle. I didn't even know what a kindle was.(it is for ebooks)Just love it. Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom