Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Cheryl,
I'm Linda from CT. Welcome.
What are you working on? I just finished my first baby papoose that someone had made on this site. Looks pretty good. Now to make a sweater and hat to go with it.

Linda

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Cheryl,
Sounds like you are busy.
What is the weather out there? We are finally above freezing for 3 days in a row. Lots of the snow and ice have melted. Yeah.
I am working on a 5 hour baby sweater. That does not include ripping it out because I missed a row.

Hope to finishe it tonight.

Linda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Linda,

The weather here is awful! Been blowing and snowing since last night. I think the high was supposed to be 13 today, but I don't think it made it, somewhere about 3 right now with the wind still blowing.
Know what you mean about ripping, was just looking at mine and saw a mistake about 10 rows back! RATS Going to be difficult to rip the yarn is a little fuzzy and its hard to see the pattern, hence the mistake.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Oh BOO
I hate the fuzzy yarns for just that reason.
I did see a hint called "lifeline" on this sight, HAven't tried it yet, but think I will practice it soon. Seems you run a separate thread through a row of knitting. If you have to rip, do so to this lifeline and all the stitches are on the thread. I guess youtube may have it.

I am up to the sleeves in my baby sweater. It's "duckie yellow" from Vanna Whites yarns. Makes me think spring is coming. It's for a spring baby.
Wish I could post pix on this site..techno challenged here!!!

Today it is very cold, but sunny. And we won't have snow this week. I love looking at my field of trees and watching for their changes in each season. And the birds are still sitting on the branches.

Linda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip on the lifeline. I will try it, especially with this yarn. Haven't ripped it back yet, and won't get to tonight as it is my dance class night. My frustration level is pretty high with this, may wait until the weekend when I can just sit and do it.
I'm with you in looking for spring colors, getting really tired of the cold and snow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
welcome Cheryl,
I'm fairly new to this site and am enjoying it. I've been knitting for a lot of years. right now I'm working on a pair of socks for myself. I rarely knit anything for me usually its a gift or donation. I just finished two infant hats with hearts for the local hospital nursery. Happy knitting! It's so relaxing. Kaju

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Kaju,
I am happy to find so many people make things to give to charity.
I bet the baby hats are cute. I am working on one from Bernatcare.com. It's suppos to look like a queen/king crown.
I am finished with the basic hat, now working on the points that make the crown look. Hope it looks OK. It's to complete a baby set.

Keep knitting,
Linda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Linda & Kaju
I have knitted since I was in my twenties (more years ago than I want to admit to) and I have never had any knit buddies. This is very exciting for me, thanks.
I also make things for giving away. For me the fun is in the making, and if this turtle back doesn't start cooperating, I will likely give it away too. I am going to try the lifeline you told me about when I get back to it.
I am going to have to put it on hold for awhile anyway as my dance class will be dancing later this month for the Day of Dance here. It's a woman's health day thing here, started by one of the hospitals and we are learning a dance for that so my knitting will have to be put on hold until I learn this dance. Sometimes I am not quite as quick to pick up the steps as my younger "daughters".
So much to do, so little time!

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Cheryl,
I also like my new knitting friends. Nice to always fine someone to chat with or share an idea with.
I miss my old knitting club, but I moved away. We were a gaggle of oldies. Non stop chatter and needles. And there too, always someone to help.
Good luck at your dance group. Will we be seeing you on DWTS? Love that show. Oh to be that thin and agile again.

Well time to feed the dog and start a hat for a friend.

Later,
Linda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my gaggle of oldies, I'm the only knitter. Everyone else has differnet crafty things they do, besides dance. DWTS is not in my future too old, and too short. Maybe if they start one for the older generation. For me its good exercise and fun, besides my daughter owns the studio.
Will have my granddaughter tonight, I did teach her to knit when she was six! She insisted and took to it right away.
Back to work - - - be glad when I can retire and knit all the time!

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Cheryl,
That's a bummer I was already knitting a fancy tutu for your debut on DWTS.

What does your Granddaughter knit? When I was in the"club" we went to an elementary sch and taught a group to knit. Fun fur was the rage and most made scarfs, some made purses. That was fun.

Don't wish away the years, retirement comes quickly.

Linda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate the thought on the tutu, but I usually try to stay in the back where A: I'm not really seen, and B:I have some one in front of me to follow if I forget!

My granddaughter usually just knits small things that she can finish quickly. Blankets for her dog, or a scarf. Nothing really big yet, she's more into drawing at the moment. Her focus changes with the wind sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom