Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm basically starting from scratch. My entire knitting background is working on an unfinished project from middle school (so MANY years ago..). Right now I don't have any needles, yarn, etc.

What I'm interested in is cruelty-free wool and making felted knit purses/hobo bags (possibly knobby/seed textured, with only shrinking (to retain the knobby texture] and so not really true felting?)!!!

Cruelty-free wool definitely seems hard to find---does anyone know easy/affordable ways to get it???

For now, I really like the idea of a knitting machine. I'm not ready to take the plunge right now, but I'm yet intrigued by them. Does anyone have feedback on what is affordable/sturdy/for beginners?? Where to buy, etc.?

Does anyone know if it's possible to knit boucle leg warmers???

Also, how easy/hard is it to see a picture of something knitted and then be able to re-create it by guessing???

Thanks all, for reading this post and considering my numerous newbie questions!!! Happy knitting to all! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Moody Mama!

Thanks so much for your detailed and speedy reply. I was asking about "boucle" legwarmers instead of baby legwarmers though.

But I read what you wrote about the baby legwarmers anyway and I believe I understood/learned from them---my first attempt to understand "knittingese," and I'm pleased to say that I think I understood! What you said about the rib-knitting, etc. makes total sense to me and so I think it can be applied to boucle legwarmers, too.

But now that you put the idea of baby legwarmers out there on the internet....I'm sure that you've started a new trend!! Babies feet grow so fast, so it's hard to know the right size they need all the time---but one size fits all with legwarmers!! And the creative possibilities are just endless!!!

Thanks so much for responding, I really appreciate it!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom