Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would really appreciate it if someone can put me on the right track. I know sweater borders have to be knitted with smaller sized needles. Will it be alright to knit the border with 3mm needles and the rest of the sweater with 4mm needles?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
dakshaayinni said:
Would really appreciate it if someone can put me on the right track. I know sweater borders have to be knitted with smaller sized needles. Will it be alright to knit the border with 3mm needles and the rest of the sweater with 4mm needles?
dakshaayinni, you may get better results posting this question in Knitting Forum -> Main, Create New Topic .
Sorry, I haven't enough knowledge to answer your query.I'm confident though that someone else will be able to help.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
dakshaayinni said:
I think it best to follow sizes given in a pattern, but to just practice, yes those sizes will do.
Have you looked at the many you-tube videos? lots of useful info there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Greetings and welcome from Florida USA! I'm much more of a crocheter than a knitter but I see others have started to answer your question. As someone else suggested, YouTube videos are very helpful, as are good beginning knitting books and especially a fellow knitter. Best of luck :)

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
G'day and welcome from Sydney Australia. It would depend on what ply wool or cotton that you are using and what the pattern instructions advise for the needle size.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Check out U Tube. They have a lot of wonderful tutorials there that you can watch until you get it. Welcome from the middle of the mitten. Glad you have found us. Enjoy your stay. Be ware this site is addictive.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
GQR999 said:
Greetings and welcome from Florida USA! I'm much more of a crocheter than a knitter but I see others have started to answer your question. As someone else suggested, YouTube videos are very helpful, as are good beginning knitting books and especially a fellow knitter. Best of luck :)
This is probably the best advice you can get on learning to knit.

Joy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom