Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Tuesday Morning All.

I want some Hiya Hiya fixed needles. I have decided on fixed as I have not used them and thought I should try them before buying a set.

I have only found a couple sites that have them in stock and carry fixed. Just wondering where those who have them have bought them.

Flannelberry has them in stock and cheapest, but I have not heard anyone mention them.

Ebay also have them cheap, I have never bought form Ebay

Knit bin and the Hiya Hiya site have them in stock.

Any help would be welcome and appreciated.

Thansk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have recently received the Hiya Hiya sharp circulars as a present of a very sweet lady here in our group of knitters and I must say I am VERY HAPPY with them!

They are much better than the German ones I had before.
I would recommend them, but cannot tell you where to buy them from since I received them as a present.

Happy knitting!

·
Registered
27,083 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I think that I should get 24", I do plan on doing some baby blankets but think you can squish the stitches on the needle or should I get 32"?

But if you can use two needles to work in the round then you don't have to worry about them being short enough?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Just purchased my second pair of Hiya Hiya sharps. I love them. Ordered online from Paradise Fibers (www.paradisefibers.com) and received them promptly and they enclosed a "free shipping" coupon for use on a future order. I bought us9-32 inch for my particular project but they had all sizes.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
jinx said:
Thanks for this info. I found a shop only 10 miles from me carries them.
One reason I like to purchase needles at a local yarn shop is that most of the time they will have different needles available for you to try. I had heard so much about the different square DPN. I was visiting a LYS and they happened to have some on a sock that was started just for the purpose of trying out the difference between traditional round size 2US vs the square size 2US needles. If I hadn't just purchased $70 in wool before I saw the needles I would have probably bought them instead of the wool, but I had just spent my budget for the week on the wool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom