Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Hobby Lobby Yarn Bee Cotton DK? I want to knit a baby blanket, probably C2C. The yarn is 100% cotton. I have never made a baby blanket in cotton yarn. Mustard is the color. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Judy M said:
Cotton may shrink when washed, so you might want to make it larger.
It's also quite a bit heavier than other yarns of the same weight class. I was in a store one time, standing next to a lady who picked several skeins of cotton yarn. Holding them in her arms, not in a basket or bag, she stopped in her tracks, looked at me and said she thought the yarn felt too heavy for a baby blanket. She put them back and purchased a nice acrylic yarn.

That might be a good test for yarn purchased in a store. But hard to do if buying online. Darn....

The Hobby Lobby "I love this cotton" is the only cotton a friend of mine will use for baby wash cloths. But shrinking, stretching, or weight isn't an issue with a washcloth. It is very nice to work with, very soft.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have made 3 baby blankets and 11 full size blankets in I CANT BELIEVE COTTON yarn from Hobby Lobby. They do not shrink or pill when using the wager & dryer, The oldest one has been used for 6 years and still looks like new

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have a friend that uses Hobby Lobby's cotton yarn for all of her baby blankets and she makes a lot of them and swears by it. She has gotten feed back from the people she has gifted them to and it has all been good.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I used yellow cotton Hobby Lobby yarn to knit a sweater for my grand daughter. At the time she was 2 or 3 ?

This cotton yarn was a dream to knit with, very very soft.

Keep in mind that all cotton yarn tends to Grow as per size of pattern that you choose.

Taking it on and off makes that happen over time.

Not a bad thing for a growing child!

Fisherwoman

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dove I Love This Cotton Yarn - I have used this to knit a blanket and it is soft and doesn't seem to shrink but it was washed in cool water and warm dried. It is a easy yarn to work with. The label has several hearts on it. listed on web page - "You won't believe how soft Dove I Love This Cotton Yarn is until you feel it! This lovely cotton yarn features a dove color, and it's perfect for making scarves, sweaters, and so much more! The best part is, it gets even softer with washing!"

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did not find it too heavy
No misshaping
My children and grandchildren LOVE their blankets
I did make a poncho out of I LOVE THIS COTTON and it was too heavy for that & didn’t drape well.
However, great for blankets

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
mmpaladino said:
Has anyone used Hobby Lobby Yarn Bee Cotton DK? I want to knit a baby blanket, probably C2C. The yarn is 100% cotton. I have never made a baby blanket in cotton yarn. Mustard is the color. Thank you for your help.
Yes. I crocheted a baby's blanket using the YarnBee 100% cotton. It is soft and beautiful to work with. I wish I bought more asked do not have a Hobby Lobby here in Canada. If you look in the "photo" section, I had posted a photograph of the blanket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom