Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,553 Posts
I use a small table right next to my favorite knitting chair, it's close enough to read & I can change positions in the chair without losing my page.

· Registered
17 Posts
I copy my pattern and then use a copy or document holder I found in an office supply store for about 12 dollars. it has a clip at the top and a glide that moves as you want it. It has a stand in the back that holds it up. it can be put on a table but i put it over the arm of my sofa. it is very handy

· Registered
340 Posts
I bought my daughter a magnetic board from Amazon a few months ago. I have had one for years. I also have a copy typist board that I place the magnetic board on and it can be angled at any angle that suits me. Problem solved.

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
sweetsue said:
I have an acrylic recipe book holder that I use. If it was a small pattern book you could use an acrylic photo frame.
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-737-Acrylic-Cookbook-Holder/dp/B0002ZFXOQ

I have a girlfriend who just moved to Kyneton.
We are going down for a weekend 1-2 December
Hi sweet Sue, If you would like to visit me in Dec, I live at -83 Piper st , over the road from Piper st Hotel. Bring your friend. would love to meet you.
Bev

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you to every one of you, What a great lot of ideas you gave me, I knew you would have an idea for me. Thank you so much, I will now have a search around town and see what I can find. Will let you know how I go. Thanks again Bev xx

· Registered
5,079 Posts
Have sent you a private message Bev. Deb is only about 400metres from you in Powlett Street.

Beverleyjean said:
sweetsue said:
I have an acrylic recipe book holder that I use. If it was a small pattern book you could use an acrylic photo frame.
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-737-Acrylic-Cookbook-Holder/dp/B0002ZFXOQ

I have a girlfriend who just moved to Kyneton.
We are going down for a weekend 1-2 December
Hi sweet Sue, If you would like to visit me in Dec, I live at -83 Piper st , over the road from Piper st Hotel. Bring your friend. would love to meet you.
Bev

· Registered
197 Posts
Beverleyjean said:
I have trouble reading my pattern on my knee when sitting in my lounge chair while knitting and watching TV. The book keeps falling off my knee (or my bird chews it)
Any ideas where to put it (not the bird he gets put to bed!!) Love reading all your bright ideas, have used many of them. Never too old to learn.
I always just put the pattern on my coffee table in front of me but I've seen those slanted tables - I think they're supposed to be used for laptop computers, one of those might be helpful. I just love your bird. I have a little Senegal Parrot - she's 20 years-old now and acts the same as when I got her as a baby. When someone she doesn't know goes near her cage she yells, "Get Out Of Here"! We all laugh! Birds are too funny! She's in her cage when I'm knitting!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom