Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yes, pick up one or two extra stitches there to prevent a hole. If you go to AmyKnits pattern for Village Socks - http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-173294-1.html - and download it, she has included a picture of exactly where to pick up that extra stitch. Many times I pick up two extra stitches. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
11,607 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sorry I cannot link, but just saw a DIFFERENT OPTION from TECHKnitter.com ... "cross stitching." Best of luck

·
Registered
32,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I pick one up in the same column as the rest, but one row deeper into the ankle. I believe that's what others mean by "in the corner."

Twisting stitches on the first round after the pick up and expecting the hole to "full" up after the first washing, also help.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
AmyClaire said:
I pick one up in the same column as the rest, but one row deeper into the ankle. I believe that's what others mean by "in the corner."

Twisting stitches on the first round after the pick up and expecting the hole to "full" up after the first washing, also help.
It is the stitch that is picked up one below and is referred to as "in the corner". :thumbup: Zoe :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom