Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over the internet and can't find a pattern for a hooded cowl, the kind you can wear around your neck or pull up to cover your head. My friend is looking for one done in garter stitch. Help!!

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Almost any cowl can be made to pull over your head as a hood. It needs to be long enough to pull up over your head and not too wide. You just keep knitting until it will be long enough to be called a "snood".

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have a pattern available for something like that. You can see it in my profile photo, but there's also a real hood pattern included, and you can use any weight yarn you want with it. The wimple, which is what you describe, and what's shown in my profile photo is all knit stitches with increases and decreases. You can make it with garter stitch around the top, and if you do, there will be some purl stitches. It's quick and easy and can be made in any weight yarn.

Find it here: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/lostarts/3802792/Wimple_and_Hood_Knitting_Pattern/Craft_Supplies/Patterns/Mens

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom