Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son bought me 3 skeins of this Alpaca yarn. He insisted that I could not make something with it for someone else. Since I couldn't wear a sweater in this apartment because summer and winter it is at least 78 degrees F. All I could think of is a nice warm hood for winter walks with my husband. It seems that all the hats I have, tend to slide down over my face, when we are out. So this is all I could think of. I wanted to use the Fir Cone Pattern, but I guess I did it "upside down". I plan to add a tassel to the top because I don't like the "point" that it comes to without one. I still have to block it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I followed the formula from AZ STICKS
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-94673-1.html
florecilla said:
Love it do you have the patterns ?
I cast on 192 sts and did a 12 st pattern repeat for several inches, I didn't actually measure, but after about 6 to 8 inches I bound off 68 sts and knit across 56 sts, then bound off the remaining 68 sts.
Then I continued the pattern sts with 4 st garter st boarder on both sides, worked till I thought it was long enough and folded it together and finished it with a kirtchner st.
Will add a tassel tomorrow

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great idea, love that yarn and is so pretty and soft looking. I love it when people think of me that way - give me yarn for me to use for me! (Seems I always give everything away.) Nice job!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are very kind.
I guess I am very critical of my own work, so, in looking at it again, I think I should have made the hat part larger by one additional pattern repeat, but that will be for another time and project : )
pfarley4106 said:
I've seen hooded scarves before but this by far is the nicest pattern I've seen yet for one. Great job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom