Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently discovered the beauty (and fun) of knitting with sock weight or fingering weight yarn for all of my projects, not just socks or shawls.

I love cowls and wanted to continue with my new found enjoyment of using sock weight yarn. I found a free pattern for the Horseshoe lace Cowl which fit the bill perfectly and I LOVE the results.

The free pattern is here

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/horseshoe-lace-cowl

The discussion on tips for photographing our knits is here

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-188645-1.html

I used Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet (1 1/2 skeins, 70 grams, 300 yards) and a size 4 needle to knit this cowl. The pattern calls for size 5 needles and cast on of 120 stitches. Since I chose a size 4 needle, I casted on 150 stitches.

Attachments

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dianedanusia said:
That's gorgeous! Happy Feet yarn is beautiful.....I'm gonna track it own....like I need more yarn....
It REALLY is wonderful. Instead of stripes or patterns as most sock yarn has, it has beautiful colors that "wash" together beautifully. It retails for only $7.99 for 50 grams.

I keep casting on with other yarn and putting it back and using Happy Feet AGAIN!

·
In Memoriam
3,831 Posts
Happy Feet = Happy Hands = Happy Amy !!!
I am very happy that you have found the joy of fine yarn ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)
Beautiful lace knitting, great choice of pattern and yarn !!

·
Registered
24,576 Posts
Beautiful, Amy. Thanks for the link to the pattern - I really like that. You continue to amaze me with all the lovely knitting that you do. I don't believe for a minute that there's anything you couldn't do.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Everything about it is beautiful. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Beautiful! Thanks for the link. I like the colors.....how they wash together and not stripe. Great choice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom