Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
that is so awesome. Can you imagine doing that yourself?

·
Registered
628 Posts
The comment about hats, etc., for the homeless is a point well taken. However, humans need beauty and joy as well for life. Not much use being warm and toasty if one has no beauty and no joy. That is mere survival.

I'm not sure I'm expressing myself well, but think about it: We all knit and crochet because we not only like to be warm, but we also love beautiful things. Those beautiful things bring us joy, which makes life better.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I am not against either point of view, but I love beautiful things, if they are useful for at least one person ! If they are just for fun and need to be in garbage at the end,- I would not waist my time for it !

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I bet that is when real problems exist - dirty, wet, rotted yarn around. A hobby for those with lots of money to spend and who don't care that many would love to be able to use it or wear it. Can't get around it at all.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Gmfur

I have just spent 2 hours on this awesome website. There are so many wonderful things to look at, I was overwhelmed. Saved a lot of them to print and admire later.

Thank you so much, for posting this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
not enough yarn said:
Very unique but when I see all the yarn used I wonder how many homeless or other people that are displaced could use a warm hat,blanket etc.Mom always said waste not want not.
I agree. I'll never understand wasting yarn like this when it could of been served as clothing for the needy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom