Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago some of you lovely KP'ers gave me some good advice about making a shawl from a gift of four 50g balls of baby alpaca my daughter brought me from Peru. Well, here is the result - I realised that I couldn't make a full shawl, so I opted instead for a scarf and gloves. Because I haven't made a shawl before, I wanted something pretty, but simple. So, I used the BLT (Basic Lace Triangle) shawl/scarf from Ravelry, adding a picot edge for fun. I used a very old pattern for the gloves, but replaced the ribbing with an edge to match the shawl. I always have trouble with holes at the base of the fingers of gloves, so I have to sew them up. Any advice to solve this problem would be gratefully received. Anyway, I now set up for the cold winter weather (which we've had in the UK since last November!!!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
The scarf and gloves are just wonderful. You should be proud. The color is great. As for the wholes try slipping the first stitch then knitting the next then slipping the stitch over the knitted one and knit it. I learned that here and it works for me. I have done that on fingerless mittens for the thumb and for socks you name it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom