Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been using a Russian join, tying one color yarn to another, weaving ends, or some other method to change yarn colors, have a look at this video.

The technique is demonstrated on the Nohea Shawl (garter stitch), and can be used on stockinette as well.

Always nice to have a different tool in the box, right ?:sm01:

ETA: The shawl pattern is free Nohea Shawl... http://www.skeino.com/downloadfile/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/70/

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jemima said:
Yes I wondered that also. I thought he mentioned icon yarn.
The yarn he is using in the video is an alpaca/I-cord yarn... the cord in question is a nylon filament. It is available on the website in the link below the video, and in a kit. You could probably substitute any yarn you like as long as you get the right gauge. That nylon filament probably adds strength to the core of the yarn.

I have paid more and less for yarn I really liked although $79. + shipping seems high. This might be a nice stash buster, even though I enjoy the hunt for new yarn.
:sm01:

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
soamaryllis said:
Thanks for the u-tube for joining yarn. I am going to try that. Would save a lot of time. Don't know too many people who like weaving in ends. :sm09:
I will if I have to, I will, same with seaming, Ktchener, Mattress stitch, Bickford Seam, etc. If it needs to happen, I can get the job done, and if I can avoid it without too much hassle, so much the better.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
and here's another method for folks who make lots of changes or for folks who don't use expensive yarns..... Kaffe Fassett's studio sent Brandon Mably to us .... go to method is great and fast and doable for almost everything....

whole tape is great for visuals, but jump to 6:06 to see join...

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deemail said:
and here's another method for folks who make lots of changes or for folks who don't use expensive yarns..... Kaffe Fassett's studio sent Brandon Mably to us .... go to method is great and fast and doable for almost everything....

whole tape is great for visuals, but jump to 6:06 to see join...
I jumped to 6:06 and watched this video. It seems to be about using different colors in fair isle and colorwork without creating long floats on the back side of the work.

Where is the join at the end of the row ?

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Dangrktty said:
I jumped to 6:06 and watched this video. It seems to be about using different colors in fair isle and colorwork without creating long floats on the back side of the work.

Where is the join at the end of the row ?
the joins have nothing to do with the end of the row...he demonstrates how to join any color, anywhere, while leaving no ends to weave in as you lay them into the back of the work as you are knitting... floats were never mentioned...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom