Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have knitted and sewn up a little cardigan for my 4 yo gd and about to add the 1 inch wide neck, button and buttonhole edgings. The pattern does them separately, but I was considering knitting them in one long piece. So picking up the stitches up one front edge then the neck edge then down the other front edge. In picturing this I think the only difference would be a rounded edge where the front edges meet the neck edge. Am I right? and has anyone else done this - were you happy with it???
Appreciate any advice - thank you

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
You can mitre the corner at the neck edge if it is a button-to-neck style. Position the tope buttonhole according to how many rows out from the cardigan edge the others are: if it is closer to the bound off edge, then put it on the front edge, if closer to the cardigan, put it on the neck section.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I did this once with very long circulars, as a k2 p2 pattern, I bound off for the button holes, then cast back on after a couple of rows, which I pre marked with stitch markers. Go for it! you will love it. I did a decrease mitered corner- found it on the web.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my mind - I think I have to add on sts for the corner, yet the mitred corner is decreasing. Can't figure it out. Have found plenty of videos on you-tube to help though - thank you everyone again

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom