Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting an asymmetrical cardigan pattern and created a modified drop shoulder which was worked from the bottom up. I want to knit the sleeves attached to the shoulder from the top down. I am not sure about the procedure for best fit. Should I pick up the shoulder spread plus the 6 stitches that would account for the bind off for the modified drop or just the shoulder spread 18" and start picking up a stitch on each side until I have picked up the 6 stitches? Next question how many inches should I knit(the cap) before I start my first decrease? I was planning on knitting this flat but I could change to circular knitting...so many questions for those of you who do top down knitting. Thanks, Tilly

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is from long ago, but I will reply anyway just in case anyone wants to know. I was trying to find out the same thing. I'm not certain about the 6 bind-off stitches, but I did find a video showing how to do the sleeve from top down. This woman is very good, however she is either Russian or East European. So I watched and counted as she did stitches. Very informative - the video is:
I will include another, which is from the bottom of the sleeve up, then knitted to the wrist. Also and exceptional knitter, but again Russian or East European. Same thing where I counted as I watched. This video is:
Hope this helps some of you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom