Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had a million projects going at once. With Christmas and baby presents, I got a little behind. Then I didn't like the way the neck turned out so I frogged 4 times before putting it down and glaring at it for a couple of weeks. No matter how I picked up the stitches, it just wouldn't lie flat. The arm bands are my own creation. Because my husband is part Chinese, I thought a dragon and bats would be appropriate, especially for a man.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Truly inspired to add the arm bands and they are not only meaningful but, very attractive and "just enough" personalization to set off the great design and compliment the beautiful yarn... The neck turned out very well and all your finishing looks so clean and well matched. It sure was worth the wait. I'm sure he is thrilled to have it...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I too am fussy about necks. Too shallow isn't right..too wide doesn't satisfy. Its been awhile since I have knit sweaters, I'm starting one for a friends grandson. A tiny 4 year old. I want tht neck to be just right and I'm having to design the pattern as I got. OhhhhOHHH! Frustration Village next stop? Joan 8060

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Because it's personalized just for him, he'll never meet another one coming down the street, and all his friends will know you took the time to please HIM!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think it turned out rather nice. I love the yarn color, specs and all. So, have you presented it to your husband yet? Yes, sometimes one just has to leave an unfinished project for a while. Nicely knit. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the pictures.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What a wonderful sweater! I'm sure your DH will be thrilled to get this even if it is late. It will be so special to him not only because you made it, but that you personalized it just for him. Very well done!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom