Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone from lakewood colorado? would love to exchange news and knitting patterns etc. Visitd lkewood hd great time and have a friend there.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi dalli, No I'm not, but I can move if it's any warmer than in Michigan right know. 2 weeks ago Sunday we had snow and freezing rain. This Past Sunday we had 80 degrees. Today they say it might get to 50 degrees where I'm at ( that's In the Thumb area which is surrounded by water. On Sunday we went fishing. Warm on land but On the bay there was still piles of snow and Ice stacked up 10 feet tall. I'd like 80 for the rest of the summer. Barb

·
Registered
666 Posts
I live in Chapel Hill/Carrboro, NC, but my daughter, Pandora, lives in Lakewood on Ward Drive. Been there a bunch and really like it. Sorry, she doesn't knit. She knows how, but it's not her thing.

Shirley Ray

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for replying, no need to move although if you want warmer weather maybe you should move here very moderate climate. I have a great love of the u..s.a. not only from mysister city visit to Lakewood ( where we lived with our hosts and really got to know about America and the culture) but from my very early childhood when I met lot of american servicemen and I still thank your country for saving us, our men were very brave but we are such a small country in population on 20million approx at the moment. Have 8 grandchildren youngest l6 oldest 23 hope tp hear again dalli

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Shirley, I really love Lakewood my friend lives in Routt ct., I spent a lovely month there on a sister city visit and of course we lived in the homes of our hosts. Wonderful place and I will never forget being asked to keep talking because of my accent ( everyby at home laughed at this) it mainly happened the malls, I am a fan of the USA unlike so many others who have never been there and only judge on Tv exposure I am sure you would think the same of Aus if only judges by TV and I would guess you would not hear a lot about us unless there was a disaster. Please write again dalli

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi thank you for the reply. Lakewood is the place I spent about 3 weeks livingwith sister city mambers so really got to know a lot about the real america, the people and the country stillcorrespondith a friend there via the email, would love to know moe about the country

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a wonderfull place to live , as I live by the ocean I could not believe the magnificance of the Rockies, just loved all the places I saw but as you can imagine you can but see little in 3 weeks. would love to hear from you again, by the way I have 3 children and 8 grandchildren the grandkids are great travellers, one of them wne to New York as Aust. youth ambasador nd spoke at the U>N> she visited conneticut. thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom