Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone- we're a married couple from the UK, and we've recently purchased a Brother KH881 KM, with a view to doing our own knitted garments. It's an old machine, and we've recently fitted a new sponge bar and 100 new needles, and we're still getting the machine back into working order as it's not seen service for a fairly long time. We're both newbies to this, and still learning about the machine, so we'll be asking the great and good of this place for a lot of advice to help us on the way.

·
Registered
18,278 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,i am sorry i cannot help you with this as i have never used a knitting machine but there will be a lot of lovely KPers that will come to the rescue,from the east coast of Yorkshire.

·
Registered
20,193 Posts
You may want to look around the forum, especially under Home (above). There, you will see the sections, including Other Sections, and under that you will see Machine Knitting. If you are "subscribed" (in the right column), you will see postings that come in on that subject, along with the others. Welcome to KP.

http://www.knittingparadise.com/s-20-1.html

FYI - all words highlighted in BLUE will lead you somewhere. Have fun.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Welcome from Derbyshire. You have a nice machine that's well worth getting up and running. This model has the built in Knitleader that will make garment knitting so much easier. You don't say what part of the UK you are in but there are knitting machine clubs where you can go and then learn from others. If you put into your search box "The Guild of Machine Knitters" you will find them listed on that site.
Happy machine knitting.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi in USA. I do not know anything about machine knitting so I will not be able to help, but always love reading all post and seeing pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom