Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

As we are supposed to get 40+ Celsius heat over the next couple of days I thought to get up early (5.30a.m. ) and take a pic of the hydrangeas I have in the ground at the side of our unit in our Retirement Village. A cutting of this particular hydrangea has special significance for me as my grandmother gave it to me when I was first married and making a garden. We have been married for 57 years and wherever we move to I take a cutting. It always strikes and I love the soft blues and mauves. Thanks for looking, tortie.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
What a treasure you have. Not only is your plant spectacular but to be able to trace it's history with your family makes it truly special. Thanks for sharing it with us, it beats the wet snow that I'm looking at right now.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
My neighbour is putting out umbrellas low over her hydrangeas to try to protect them from the searing sun. She always does this, her plants face east and they get the reflect heat off the house as well. I have known her for just over 50 years and she has nurtured her plants and never replaced them she said as she put them in in 1959 when she first married and built her home. TLC has always worked for her. Yours are beautiful too tortie.

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Your hydrangeas are gorgeous. It’s my favorite shrub. I had gorgeous hydrangeas also before I had to sell the house and move. I had 9, all different colors. I miss them so much. Thank you for sharing yours.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom