Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a new pattern and one of the directions is to S1 kwise tbl, What is knit wise and tbl? How do I do this stitch? I am trying to make the Fitzgerald Scarf which is classified as simple???? I feel simple not being able to figure this out. Anxious to get this scarf started.
I really enjoy this site. You are all so helpful and I enjoy reading all the comments. Hope to be able to join in the fun as you all seem to have. The patterns are most appreciated.....

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
it means to slip knitwise through the back loop. This means that you insert you needle into the back loop, from the front and slip the stitch as if you were going to knit it..but you don't knit it...you just slip it to your right needle.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
See notes in ((((((((((( ))))))))))

amiimae said:
I am starting a new pattern and one of the directions is to

((((((((( S1 kwise tbl
........go to the back of the stitch and slip as if to knit (versus purl) and use the left leg of the stitch = knitwise).

BTW, all abbreviations can be quickly surfed for right there = quick answer and you'd not have to wait for the thread to be read. Obscure instrctions are harder, of course and I just helped the vintage lace person figure out what N and O meant in her pattern.

Guess where we found it? I asked her to send me the patter; She didn't send the entire pattern. I asked her to draw it up and read from top to bottom for additional comments on specialty notations = right there was what N and O meant! LOL!! And, I didn't find it on the web after searching for a very long time. LOL!!

Okie, hail me in private messages if you'd like when you need help that you can't solve on the web by surfing. K? K!

Nite-Nite!
~~~~~~~~~~~

What is knit wise and tbl? How do I do this stitch? I am trying to make the Fitzgerald Scarf which is classified as simple???? I feel simple not being able to figure this out. Anxious to get this scarf started.
I really enjoy this site. You are all so helpful and I enjoy reading all the comments. Hope to be able to join in the fun as you all seem to have. The patterns are most appreciated.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
e.ridenh said:
See notes in ((((((((((( ))))))))))

amiimae said:
I am starting a new pattern and one of the directions is to

((((((((( S1 kwise tbl
........go to the back of the stitch and slip as if to knit (versus purl) and use the left leg of the stitch = knitwise).

BTW, all abbreviations can be quickly surfed for right there = quick answer and you'd not have to wait for the thread to be read. Obscure instrctions are harder, of course and I just helped the vintage lace person figure out what N and O meant in her pattern.

Guess where we found it? I asked her to send me the patter; She didn't send the entire pattern. I asked her to draw it up and read from top to bottom for additional comments on specialty notations = right there was what N and O meant! LOL!! And, I didn't find it on the web after searching for a very long time. LOL!!

Okie, hail me in private messages if you'd like when you need help that you can't solve on the web by surfing. K? K!

Nite-Nite!
~~~~~~~~~~~

What is knit wise and tbl? How do I do this stitch? I am trying to make the Fitzgerald Scarf which is classified as simple???? I feel simple not being able to figure this out. Anxious to get this scarf started.
Thanks so much, it helped, and as I read the pattern it now makes sense. I love this site. thanks again.
Amiimae

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((((( Okie, do not FEEL SIMPLE about anything, I don't care if you're sledging out old cement steps like we are! LOL!!

I know the answers and want to FIRST train you how to find the answers on the net, 99.99% of answers can be found by popping a search and using well aimed keywords and including VIDEO in the search. Surf for:

Sl kwise tbl video
......... if no results, go to knitting abbreviations chart in a surf, also.

Or: Slip one knitwise through the back loop video
.........you didn't know these terms, though.

Also, all abbreviations but the obscure can be surfed for, also. Pop a search for:

Knitting abbreviations
.........keep a printed copy? Also, your pattern itself should explain special techniques needed for the pattern. A good one will, that is. LOL!!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-glossary

If you learn to do this, you'd not need the forum for anything! LOL!!

It's wise of you, too to read 100% through a pattern for notations on techniques, new techniques to learn, can you find the materials called for or do you have to make a conversion, etc.

Did I send you patterns? LOL! I suffer from CRS! LOL!!

OKIE, I couldn't find the exact video for your requested techique and to be written in TEXT versus watching it in a video is harder but I'm practiced, so here it is:

S1 kwise tbl
.........Slip one stitch knitwise through the back loop of the stitch. We don't always work from the front side of a stitch. So, go to the back of the stitch
Enter st from left to right ( as if to knit)
Slip it off to the needle
.........follow the rest of the instructions........

Good luck with the scarf, too!!

Now, take one aspirin and call me in the morning!

319 474 2363 CDST LOL!!

[email protected]

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~~~~

amiimae said:
I am starting a new pattern and one of the directions is to S1 kwise tbl, What is knit wise and tbl? How do I do this stitch? I am trying to make the Fitzgerald Scarf which is classified as simple???? I feel simple not being able to figure this out. Anxious to get this scarf started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom