Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grandmother taught me to knit. Step mom encourage me at 16 to do a sweater for my mom. I did not take it up again until I was in my 30's, when a neighbor lady ask me to teach her to knit and she taught me to crochet. Did not knit again until my 50's when a girlfriend decide we should knit and check out ever yarn shop in the state of Wisconsin. Have not seen all of them, but what a stash of yarn we have,and what fun. I am now trying to design my own patterns. Is'nt it fun just to sit and knit.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome......Yes, it is fun to just sit and knit....I just took this hobby back up after many years of quiet needles. I'm glad I did and want to learn more with each project I attempt : )

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yarnlady, where in Wi are you located? I am in Waukesha. Just south of Madison. We do quite a bit of donating of our knitting projects. Being retired you have to have a reason and purpose to get up and get dressed. We have groups that meet once a month. Always fun to show and tell. A great way to meet nice people with the same interest. When home bound as we sometimes are in Wi. this site brings companionship to your screen. Have fun and be sure to share your ideas. welcome!! Tootsie0001

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi yarnlady,

Welcome! What part of WI. are you from? I'm over near the LaCrosse area.

So tell us what kinds of projects you are working on with that yarn stash.

The idea of a road trip looking for yarn is one that I really like. Maybe once the snow and ice have left us.

Carol L.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello,
I am from Wis. too. I haven't taught myself to knit or crochet real well to actually make things yet. But I have recently been using the looms and made several things. I have thought about trying a knitting machine, but it may take me awhile to learn to use that too. lol. Then there is all the yarn I would like to get, but have to wait and get little at a time. My long time love is cross stitching.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Hello from CT.
We had all your missing snow until yesterday. Now we have rain unending.
Welcome aboard. This is a fun place. Lots to learn and share.
Linda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom