Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am a 51 yr old woman , residing in the Adirondacks of Upstate NY for the last several years but been around alot more states and a few countries. I am determined to learn to be a good knitter. I am working on fundamentals , doing flatwork now but needing to learn more advanced stitches and figuring out the classic directions. I found this site actually after I discovered Youtube videos on more intermediate knitting techniques than I know so far, which is the next step. I have some good supplies and books but needed someone to show me how when it comes to the other stitches than purl and knit, or I would never get past flat work and my desire is to do well with socks and to do well with sweaters and such as well as time goes on.
I have found well knitted items have a beauty and durability that we do not often see anymore, so its important for me to learn things right and am always looking for patterns for fiber arts stuff, knitting included. I love the variety of yarns there are now. Just incredible whats happened in a good 20-30 yrs when it comes to that. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome arby. Do you have access to a good yarn shop? Most yarn shops have a time or an evening that a group will get together and share experience and in some cases teach.
As you mentioned there are instructions on youTube and there was a thread from earlier that someone offered to assist who is a certified instructor. This is a great place to ask for assistance . With so many levels of skill you will have lots of help.
My hubby was born in Glens Falls, NY and we live here in Florida. He doesn't want to move back to snow country. But, I would move back to Traverse City, Michigan in a heart beat. Even if I were shoveling snow ( I don't mind shoveling snow, never did).

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome Arby from the UK. Enjoy the forum and if you can knit and purl you can do anything it's just a combination of those stitches. Happy knitting.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome Arby from Rae in NC :)

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
this is one of my favorite sites for finding new sts....it organizes everything by the sts used in the project....so the first section is 'knit and purl' ... that's all you need to know to be able to do any of the sts in that section, which gives directions and shows really great pix....

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

click on the site and just check out some of the sts in this area...really fun way to learn new sts for when we get brave enough to substitute...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom