Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I am Randi from Lehi, Utah, and I learned to knit and crochet from my grandmother as a child. I enjoy all kinds of projects and yarns, and learning new techniques. I am 60 years young, a homemaker, married to the sweetest man, and have three cats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Randi,

I was taught to knit by my next door neighbor when I was about 10 years old. I think I should take some more formal lessons or sit with some more experienced knitters. I try to stick with pretty easy things. I have taught my self by reading books and looking at pictures. I should pick some small projects and try out some of the fancy stuff. I knit mostly baby sweaters, hats and booties, shawls, and scarves.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Randi, I am Renee from Bountiful, Utah. Nice to meet you. My grandmother taught me to knit. I put it down for a while, just recently picked it up again. I am now a "sockaholic"! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So happy to hear from a fellow Utahn! I tried a pair of socks and didn't finish them as my guage was way off! I'd like to try again and if I successfully complete a pair, I'll probably become a sockaholic too!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I HATE gauges! They NEVER work for me, I either knit wayy too tight or wayyy too loose.....But, I have had SUCCESS with this book, you only have to worry about stitch gauge, not row gauge.

Try this book: "Learn to Knit Socks" American School of Needlework and it's by Edie Eckman. The only gauge I have had to adjust is for my former MIL....but her ankles are 14"....so, I am using bigger needles! lol We'll see how it goes when she gets the socks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I can do it, it has to be easy! lol
I for got to say
I am a mom of 2, grandmom of 3 with #4 due on Feb 1.
I am a transplant to Utah, originally from Texas
I love almost any craft. I would love to learn to draw or paint, but don't really have any talent for it....so with all of the other things I do, I figure, "why bother" it will just cost me more money! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You must be so busy with your kids and grandkids! I am a transplant too from California and Colorado. It's all good!
Yes, it can be expensive getting into different crafts, but it sure is fun~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Randi I'm Maggie from Lehi and I'm looking for a place to help me learn how to knit formally, I just recetly started and have been taught by many different people/ styles and so on but find I get confused and would like a place locally help me find one please. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom