Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to Michaels just for one item. Of course, I didn't leave with one item! I bought an assortment of Kroy sock yarn and went home quite pleased with my purchase. As I was lovingly caressing my new babies this morning, I suddenly imagined a lightweight raglan pullover in one of the ragg striping colors which seems about to become unavailable. The search online began for more! About 45 minutes later I found enough of my prize at Yarnmarket to make my pullover, a ribbed hat and another pair of socks in addition to the original pair! As an added and unexpected bonus each skein was 50 cents less and I qualified for free shipping and no tax. Yaaaaaa! I love it when I win!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I love their yarn, but I wonder how it will look in a larger garment. Since the stripes in a sock are fairly thin, I wonder if using it in a much wider piece will result in it coming out more like varigated yarn. Please post a picture if you can.

·
Registered
993 Posts
jumbleburt, I just read an article in the August.2013 issue of KNIT'nSTYLE magazine that addressed the issue of the sock yarn and larger projects. It suggested using a solid color along with the stripe sock yarn to blend the result. The pictures in the article were very helpful-it did the swatches for me!

·
Registered
29,096 Posts
I am using this brand of yarn currently for my first attempt at knitting socks. So far so good. I am using more subtle colors and am now starting the first stripe. If and when I ever get good at socks - then I will try cashmere. I never had a cashmere garment.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
jumbleburt said:
I love their yarn, but I wonder how it will look in a larger garment. Since the stripes in a sock are fairly thin, I wonder if using it in a much wider piece will result in it coming out more like varigated yarn. Please post a picture if you can.
I was just thinking the same thing. I recently used some left over self-striping sock yarn in a baby blanket, thinking the stripes would look good. I ended up with less than 2 rows of the stripe and you could hardly see the color change.

I would find a solid or tonal color that matches the stripe and use that along with the sock yarn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom